Jeep Safari to Agiofarago Gorge
Our Jeep Safari to Agiofarago starts with a drive through the vineyards of Crete. We use only the best Land Rover jeeps and tour guides for our activities. The villages we will cross are famous for the grape varieties and their wines.
The first step of our journey is the village of Saint Thomas. It is at an altitude of 760 meters. You will have the opportunity to admire at the ancient Byzantine churches dating back to 1371 AD. Explore the remnants of the Byzantine aqueduct, and discover the Roman tombs.
As our Crete Jeep Safari progresses, we pass the scenic Messara valley. We make our way through olive groves until we reach the 14th century Monastery of Odigitria. Inside there is a museum. It showcase the artifacts from the daily lives of the locals.
The excitement continues as we navigate the rocky terrain in our land rover jeeps. The road leads us to the entrance of Agiofarago Gorge. We embark on a walk through the gorge. You will witness the thriving wildlife of the region. Walking through the gorge you will have the opportunity to get close to sheep and goats which are beautiful and absolutely harmless.
After a leisurely 30 minute walk, we reach the bay of Agiofarago.
But the adventure doesn’t end there! After our gorge exploration, we resume our Crete Jeep Safari and make a stop at a local tavern. Here, you can taste a Cretan lunch. Read below for full details of the lunch.
Our Crete Jeep Safari concludes with a visit to the fishing village of Matala. One of the largest Hippie communities during the ’60s and ’70s. More time for swimming.
The Jeep Safari to Agiofarago offers a blend of nature, history, and culture.
Bring comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles for a good grip.
Swimming suit, a towel, a hat, sun glasses, and a sun cream.
We are very careful with our pricing. We dislike hidden extras. What you read is what you get. If you need further information please contact us. The Jeep Safari to Agiofarago is €75 for an adult, and €55 for a child. Infants are free.
08:00: Jeep Safari Departure
- Embark on an exciting Jeep Safari adventure departing from Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia. Our team will pick you up from your hotel for a hassle-free start.
Stop: St. Thomas Village – 40 min Stop
- Pause and immerse yourself in the charming atmosphere of St. Thomas Village with a 40-minute break.
Stop: Arrival at the Monastery of Odigitria – 40 min Stop
- Experience the cultural richness at the Monastery of Odigitria with a 40-minute stop, delving into its historical significance.
Stop: Entrance of Agiofarago Gorge
- Begin your adventure at the entrance of Agiofarago Gorge, initiating a 30-minute walk to reach the mesmerizing south coast.
Stop: Beach of Agiofarago
- Revel in the pristine beauty of the Agiofarago beach, with ample time for swimming and sunbathing – a refreshing 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Stop: Sivas Village – Lunch Break
- Enjoy a delightful lunch break in the charming village of Sivas, offering a relaxed hour to savor local cuisine.
Stop: Beach of Matala
- Head to the iconic Matala beach, indulging in a 45-minute stop for a refreshing swim and beachside relaxation.
17:30 – 18:00: Jeep Crete Safari Return
- Conclude your Jeep Safari adventure, arriving back at your hotel.
Note: Different timetables are in place for pickups in various areas, including Hersonissos, Heraklion, Ammoudara, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Stalida, and Malia. Our dedicated Customer Service team will provide precise timing details and a Google Maps pinpoint for your convenience.
Days and Languages
Tuesday: English, French, German.
Thursday: English, French, German.
Saturday: English, French, German.
✅ Hotel pick up & drop off area: Heraklion, Hersonisos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis, Ammoudara.
✅ Transportation by modern Land Rover jeeps.
✅ Lunch is included in the price.
During the journey after driver’s question, can each choose his lunch. For example, there are vegetarians, as there are people who do not eat pork and so on. So everybody can choose the meal they wish.
Food menu includes:
4-5 first dishes
Raki and unlimited wine
✅ Professional tour guide/driver (live).
✅ Free time for swimming.
✅ Insurance cover.
✅ Printed or mobile tour vouchers accepted.
✅ Easy cancellation (Cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure time and receive a full refund).
❌ Entrance Tickets to Archaeological Sites or Places of Interest.
❌ Extra meals or drinks.
This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
You have to be able to walk approximately 30 minutes, at a slow pace, on uneven surfaces and steps.